In the midst of the its ongoing investigation into former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton transmitting classified communications on her private email server, the State Department identified “multiple security incidents,” including 23 “violations” and seven “infractions.”
State Department Assistant Secretary for the Bureau of Legislative Affairs Mary Elizabeth Taylor announced the new findings to Sen. Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa).
"To this point, the Department has assessed culpability to 15 individuals – some of whom were culpable in multiple security incidents," Taylor wrote in a letter to Grassley on Monday. "DS has issued 23 violations and 7 infractions incidents. ... This number will likely change as the review progresses."
Clinton in deep water …
Taylor noted the extremely exhaustive process of the probe and the serious nature of the discovery.
"Given the volume of emails provided to the Department from former Secretary Clinton's private email server, the Department's process has been necessarily more complicated and complex – requiring a significant dedication of time and resources," Taylor explained to Grassley regarding the probe, which is slated for a September 1 completion date.
Taylor’s assessment of the magnitude of the most recent findings was corroborated by President Donald Trump, who took to Twitter in the middle of the night to spread the news that will likely be buried by the mainstream media.
“Wow! The State Department said it has identified 30 Security Incidents involving current or former employees and their handling of Crooked Hillary Clinton’s Emails …” Trump tweeted Tuesday. “This is really big. Never admitted before. Highly Classified Material. Will the Dems investigate this?”
Disciplinary measures for the various abuses of the system were also mentioned.
"In every instance in which the Department found an individual to be culpable of a valid security violation or three or more infractions, the Department forwarded the outcome to the Bureau of Diplomatic Security's Office of Personnel Security and Suitability (DS/PSS), to be placed in the individuals' official security file," Taylor added. "All valid security incidents are reviewed by DS and taken into account every time an individual's eligibility for access to classified information is considered.”
Regardless of the amount of time that has passed since Clinton served as America’s top foreign diplomat under former President Barack Obama’s first term in the White House, the former first lady will likely still be held accountable for her actions.
"This referral occurred – whether or not the individual was currently employed with the Department of State – and such security files are kept indefinitely," Taylor pointed out. "Consistent with the referral policy – for individuals who were still employed with the Department at the time of adjudication – the Department referred all valid security violations or multiple infractions to the Bureau of Human Resources."
Digging up the coverup
Despite top officials under the Obama administration discounting and trivializing Clinton’s security breech during her White House run in 2016, discovery of the extent of her offences continues to be a priority in Washington.
“Clinton's private email use has remained in the spotlight, as the DOJ looks into potential misconduct in the handling of federal authorities' surveillance and intelligence operations in 2016,” Fox News reported.
The language used by the Justice Department and Federal Bureau of Investigation was greatly watered-down prior to the 2016 election – reportedly to keep Clinton’s candidacy for the Oval Office afloat.
“Former FBI Director James Comey said in 2016 that he would not pursue charges against Clinton after the bureau’s investigation into the handling of her emails, but called her conduct ‘extremely careless,’” the New York Post recounted.
The Obama administration coverup has only just started to come into the light.
“It emerged earlier this year that then-FBI general counsel James Baker testified that he thought Clinton should have been prosecuted until he was convinced otherwise ‘pretty late’ in the investigation,” Fox News’ Gregg Re recalled. “And, last month, a trove of partially redacted FBI documents from the agency's investigation into whether Clinton mishandled classified information – a probe known as the ‘Midyear Exam’ – revealed that top Clinton aides were shocked at apparent attempts to hack her private email servers.”
When staffers became aware of potential complications due to Clinton’s illicit communications, they soon became fearful about the consequences.
“The document release revealed numerous episodes in which the Clinton team either suspected it had been hacked or seemingly acknowledged that security measures had come up short,” Re continued. "’omg,’ top Clinton aide Huma Abedin wrote to Justin Cooper – the technology pro overseeing Clinton's private home-based email servers – when he told her shortly after midnight on Jan. 9, 2011, that ‘someone was trying to hack us.’"
But Abedin was not just a bystander in the scandal. In fact, she did more to jeopardize national security.
“Huma Abedin forwarded sensitive State Department emails, including passwords to government systems, to her personal Yahoo email account before every single Yahoo account was hacked,” the Daily Caller noted earlier this year from emails obtained through a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) lawsuit by the government watchdog Judicial Watch. “Abedin – the top aide to former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton – used her [u]nsecure personal email provider to conduct sensitive work. This guarantees that an account with high-level correspondence in Clinton’s State Department was impacted by one or more of a series of breaches – at least one of which was perpetrated by a ‘state-sponsored actor.’”
More details about the scandalous coverup continue to unfold.
“And in March, it was revealed that the Justice Department ‘negotiated’ an agreement with Clinton's legal team that ensured the FBI did not have access to emails on her private servers relating to the Clinton Foundation,” Re explained.
A transcript made public earlier this year revealed former FBI Agent Peter Strzok’s testimony regarding the clandestine arrangement, which was divulged during a closed-door appearance last summer in front of the House Judiciary Committee.
"A significant filter team [was employed at the FBI to] work through the various terms of the various consent agreements," Strzok told the committee, according to the transcript obtained by Fox News.
He went on to divulge various limitations agents were held to regarding their searches – including names of people and domains, as well as date ranges.
“[The agreement was reached because] according to the attorneys, we lacked probable cause to get a search warrant for those servers and projected that either it would take a very long time and/or it would be impossible to get to the point where we could obtain probable cause to get a warrant," Strzok informed.
Former House Oversight and Government Reform Committee Chairman Jason Chaffetz argued that the parameters set by agents indicates they wanted willful blindness – pointing out that the FBI knew about the classified information existing in unclassified settings on Clinton’s private email servers.
"What's bizarre about this, is in any other situation, there's no possible way they would allow the potential perpetrator to self-select what the FBI gets to see," Chaffetz stressed, according to Fox. "The FBI should be the one to sort through those emails – not the Clinton attorneys. [The DOJ's goal was to] make sure they hear no evil, see no evil – they had no interest in pursuing the truth."