Coptic Christians in Egypt are once again on high alert after a deadly attack killed a group traveling to a monastery.
Seven Coptic Christians were killed Nov. 2 when masked gunmen, claiming to represent ISIS, attacked the travelers.
In May of last year, 28 were killed in a similar massacre as Coptic Christians were traveling to the same destination as in this latest attack.
Claire Evans with International Christian Concern says this deadly ambush sends yet another message that Christians aren't welcome in Egypt, where Islamic militants have declared the country belongs to them.
"In fact," she tells OneNewsNow, "I've seen it in Egypt's constitution as an Islamic country first and foremost, and therefore Christians aren't welcome."
Evans says the fact ISIS attacked again in the same location shows the government lacks the will to defend religious freedom.
"They're not trying to make an effort to protect that road. They're not trying to make an effort to protect Christians as they go to monasteries," she complains.