An international movement to protect and champion the family has reached America’s capital as attacks to dismantle the backbone of society are on the rise.
“On February 21st, the Ruth Institute … ma[de] history,” Ruth Institute Founder and President Dr. Jennifer Roback Morse recently declared in a press release. “We present[ed] our petition to Make the Family Great Again to the State Department’s Commission on Unalienable Rights. This petition is historic because – for the first time – we explain how and why the family itself has human rights, and we demonstrate to the State Department that a worldwide coalition supports this view.”
Family makes the world go round
A global push to once again establish the family as the pillar of society is underway.
“The Commission was appointed by Secretary of State Michael Pompeo to advise the Department on how to make authentic human rights the basis of its dealings with international bodies and foreign governments,” Morse stressed. “As the Commission’s chairman, he appointed Dr. Mary Ann Glendon, a distinguished Harvard Law Professor well-known for her thoughtful articulation of genuine human rights, including the right to life.”
The petition has been signed by pro-family leaders spanning five continents.
“Pro-family leaders from around the world have seen first-hand the destructive results of international policies undertaken in the name of ‘rights,’” Morse, who authored The Sexual State: How Elite Ideologies Are Destroying Lives, pointed out. “All too often, the United States government has facilitated policies that undermine the rights of children to their parents – and parents' rights and responsibilities toward their children. These pro-family leaders are keenly interested in the deliberations of this Commission.”
The U.S. State Department is being urged to advocate the recognition of several essential family rights:
- “The right of every child to a relationship with his or her natural mother and father – except for an unavoidable tragedy”
- “The right of every person to know the identity of his or her biological parents”
- “The right to life from conception to natural death”
- “The right of families to educate their own children in their faith tradition and values – without being undermined by the state”
Like no other president in the history of the United States, President Donald Trump has dedicated his administration to returning America to the core values that made it the world’s only true superpower.
“President Trump campaigned on a promise to Make America Great Again, [and] only by making the family great again can he fulfill that promise,” The Ruth Institute and its international interfaith coalition whole-heartedly support the cause of making the family great again – worldwide.”
Dozens of renowned Christian and conservative leaders have signed the petition, including:
- Former Gov. Mike Huckabee (R-Ark.)
- American Values President Gary Bauer
- Liberty Counsel Founder and Chairman Mathew D. Staver, Esq.
- Priests for Life Director of Civil Rights for the Unborn Alveda King
- Media Research Center Founder and President Brent Bozell
- Family First Foundation President and Founder Steve Mosher
- Latin American Alliance for the Family Christine Vollmer
- Association for the Defense of Christian Values (Italy) Executive Director Silvio Dalla Valle
- African Organization of Families (Kenya) Ann Kioko
Key component to making America great again
The Ruth Institute pressed Trump to execute one of his most important duties as commander-in-chief – which is to protect the family.
"We hold these truths to be self-evident: life, marital fidelity and family should be priorities of U.S. foreign policy,” the nonprofit organization impressed to the president. “You campaigned on the promise to Make America Great Again … We, the undersigned, wish to encourage you and the Secretary of State to Make the Family Great Again.”
The group impressed several key tenets for nations to live by:
- “Marriage and the family are universal institutions for the stability of society and the continuation of the human race.”
- “Loyalty and fidelity are universally recognized as virtues.”
- “Children need their mother and father.”
- “Stable loving families provide the basis for strong societies, including thriving economies, national security and international peace.”
The petition noted how the United Nations and a number of other international organizations have worked to undermine the aforementioned truths that are called to be observed in America and abroad, therefore making it a necessity to observe the family’s fundamental right internationally imperative in order for society and the family exist as God intended.