Homosexual activists have won their battle to march in the South Boston St. Patrick's Day Parade, but have they really won anything?
OUTVets, a homosexual veterans group, marched in last year's parade. This year, uproar ensued after they failed to file an application by the January 1 deadline. So the parade organizers, the Allied War Veterans Council, held an emergency meeting and granted OUTVets permission to be in the parade.
C.J. Doyle of the Catholic Action League of Massachusetts tells OneNewsNow what really happened leading up to the vote.
"Apparently they received all sorts of threats of violent and disruptive protests that could result in injuries, property damage, or worse," she details. "The Boston Police told them they found these threats to be credible, but they might not be able to contain them, and they could not possibly have a secure perimeter around the entire parade route."
Then the veterans were told the responsibility for any resultant violence would be upon the parade organizers, not the attackers.
"They also indicated police might be forced to cancel the parade as a public safety measure," Doyle adds. "This is the second time, by the way, the city has threatened to cancel the parade. Mayor Marty Walsh (D) in 2014 indicated that he might withdraw the permit on the parade if they didn't let homosexuals march."
So under insurmountable pressure, this year's organizers reversed their initial decision. In fact, OUTVets is set to lead the parade, scheduled for Sunday, March 19th. Doyle concludes that this year's St. Patrick's Day Parade has been destroyed.