All clear after bomb threat forces evacuation of CNN offices

Associated Press

NEW YORK (December 7, 2018) — Police have given the all-clear after a phoned in bomb threat forced the evacuation of CNN's offices in New York.

Police said a man with a southern accent called CNN just after 10 p.m. Thursday and said five bombs had been placed throughout the facility inside the Time Warner building at Columbus Circle.

Police said the building was evacuated and building security did a preliminary search. Police units then swept the building with the NYPD bomb squad on standby.

Outside the building, CNN's Brian Stelter and Don Lemon continued to broadcast. Lemon said fire alarms rang and a loudspeaker told them they needed to evacuate during his live show.

In October, the building was partially evacuated after a suspicious package containing a crude pipe bomb was delivered to the company.

Consider Supporting Us?

The staff at Onenewsnow.com strives daily to bring you news from a biblical perspective. If you benefit from this platform and want others to know about it please consider a generous gift today.

MAKE A DONATION

Comments

We moderate all reader comments, usually within 24 hours of posting (longer on weekends). Please limit your comment to 300 words or less and ensure it addresses the article - NOT another reader's comments. Comments that contain a link (URL), an inordinate number of words in ALL CAPS, rude remarks directed at other readers, or profanity/vulgarity will not be approved. More details

SIGN UP FOR OUR DAILY NEWSBRIEF

SUBSCRIBE

VOTE IN OUR POLL

Liberals consider it intrusive to ask a person's citizenship as part of the census because ...

CAST YOUR VOTE

GET PUSH NOTIFICATIONS

SUBSCRIBE

LATEST AP HEADLINES

GOP waits on Trump as clock ticks toward partial shutdown
CBS denies former CEO Les Moonves $120M severance
Silicon Valley East: Google plans $1B expansion in New York
Vatican urged to reveal status of ousted US archbishop
After judge's ruling against Obamacare, what happens now?
US conducts 6 airstrikes against Somalia terrorists, 62 dead
Democrats continue to refuse money for border wall

LATEST FROM THE WEB

Fox's Napolitano: Trump an 'unindicted co-conspirator'
Judge orders state to give surgery to inmate who wants to be woman
Public university draws legal threat for telling fraternities they ‘do not have due process rights’
The persistence of the Islamic State
Is Disney’s $15 minimum wage hike a help or a hoax?

CARTOON OF THE DAY

Cartoon of the Day

REASON & COMPANY

NEXT STORY
Vatican urged to reveal status of ousted US archbishop

VATICAN CITY (Dec. 17, 2018) — A prominent U.S. archbishop is asking the Vatican for answers about the status of an investigation into alleged sexual misconduct by his predecessor, who was forced to resign in 2015.